Vivere Sowa Rigpa
Living the „Science of Health and Happiness“ Pisa/Italy was the heart of the Sorig world!
SKI family members and friends from more than 40 different countries came together from April 19 to 22, 2018 in the wonderful city of Pisa/Italy for the 6th International Congress on Sowa Rigpa to live and to celebrate their „Unity in Diversity“
Pisa, especially the fantastic atmosphere for a family gathering of this size in the „Stazione Leopolda“ was a perfect location to realize the motto „Vivere Sowa Rigpa“which seems to fit perfect to Italy: international scientific exchange, exhibition of arts, networking meetings, presentation of projects and products at the stalls, dolce vita and the joy of eating together, joint meditation and party-time to celebrate the annual reunion. Everything seemed to be possible under the historic roof of the „Leopolda“ and the sensitive planning allowed to experience the strength and the flow of cooperation of this collective network.
The one and only annual International Congress of Sowa Rigpa was a peaceful gathering of transcultural openness on the highest possible scientific level in the field of Sowa Rigpa, based on mutual trust, altruism, engagement and compassion for all sentient beings around the world.
What a great family!
So many talents, so much diversity, so many different approaches of practitioners and scholars in their local contexts around the globe.
The outstanding Congress President and SKI Medical Director, Dr. Nida Chenagtsang,
was in the centre of an inspiring process of sharing knowledge and experiences. In his opening speech he gave an overview of all SKI centers and projects around the globe and their importance for the preservation and propagation of Sowa Rigpa.
Thanks to the incredible work of the italian Congress team who could find the perfect balance between a very professional organization and their personal openness for individual needs and spontaneous changes.
The contribution of the italian team was amazing and made this maximum program of 18 days (including additional program) possible. Their participative approach was an inspiring signal to all SKI countries as people came together in Pisa who might work in cooperation for the rest of their lifes.
“We are one family”
- The wonderful SKI family with our 2 outstanding directors, Dr. Nida & Dr. Tam, branches, family members and cooperation partners in more than 40 countries
- The Italian Congress Team: Family – Mandala – Team…. Perfetto!
- The one and only annual International Congress on Sowa Rigpa: beyond individual, national or financial interests, with and for the benefit of all sorigcongress.org
- News from Skypress: „Sharing great minds“, brillant quality and editing. Dr. Nida´s new book on „Karmamudra“: the perfect book for 2018 skypressbooks.com
- 2 new editions from the „Sowa Rigpa Journal“: the perfect bridge between traditional knowledge and the modern scientific world sowarigpajournal.com
- The new Sorig Khang International Foundation with a perfect location in Heidelberg/Germany sorig.net
- Drukmo Gyal: The perfect opening for the Congress. Her amazing concert was a collective meditation in the tradition of Yuthok´s heart teachings drukmogyal.com
- The IATTM: and the transformation to SKI, our history meets the future in the here and now: transgenerational, transcultural, time-tested and timeless!
- The annual Award for outstanding contributions in the field of Sowa Rigpa: goes to………………Herbert Schwabl
- The SKI family loves Dr. Machik
- Sorignews: classical journalistic approach meets www, building bridges is our strength fboits.com
- Fascinating travelling through the time with „Sorigtours“: sorigtour.com
- Possible through SKI and the Sorig Congress: the Sorig College in Nepal sorigcollege.org
- Find out more about new projects of Sorig First Aid and the Upper Mustang Sorig Medical Camp: https://www.facebook.com/events/142621359748262/
- More about the new Sorig Library and the Sorig Thesis Library and other great projects we heard about at the Congress will be published soon
The Pisa Congress brought together (almost) all the people behind the SKI family:
from the first generation until today and allowed insights in their work as Sowa Rigpa practitioners and scholars: from the field of research to knowledge development, from training to working with patients on the highest possible level, from inspiring results and from moments of failure, too, from nomadic travelling to coming home and from experiences of how to go beyond all obstacles, based on Yuthok´s words. This Congress is a part of the routine Ngöndro for all SKI family members, according to Yuthok´s heart teachings.
The Pisa Congress could inspire friends, interested guests and the next generation of students to become part of this diverse SKI family.
Some of the best and experienced scholars and practitioners of Sowa Rigpa from around the globe invited to an ongoing process of sharing knowledge with their presentations.
What a wonderful end of a great event, with the mantra of Sangye Menla better known as „Medicine Buddha mantra“ for the benefit of all sentient beings and for an auspicious future for the next great congress 2019 in Singapore!
Heartfelt gratitude to all the people which have contributed and worked hard to realize this 6th International Congress on Sowa Rigpa at Pisa.
Che meravigliosa fine per un grande evento, con il mantra di Sangye Menla meglio noto come Buddha della Medicina per dare beneficio a tutti gli esseri senzienti e come auspicio per altri grandi congressi. Il prossimo del 2019 si terrà a Singapore!
Una sentita gratitudine va a tutte le persone che hanno contribuito e lavorato duramente per realizzare questo 6° Congresso Internazionale di Sowa Rigpa a Pisa!
During the powerful closing ceremony of the 6th Congress, Jacqueline Yu, her husband Randy and the International Congress Organizing Team of SKI, had the pleasure to invite to continue this amazing annual journey around the world of Sowa Rigpa and to „be a part of it as you are already!“:
Arreviderci bella Pisa
and see you all at the 7th International Congress on Sowa Rigpa from March 7-9, 2019 in Singapore with an additional follow-up-Programm on Bali.
Full of gratitude to be a part of it,
thanks to Dr. Nida, Dr. Tam and all SKI family members and friends, Jens
Dr. Jens Tönnemann
Sorig Khang International
Head of Medical Education
Sorig Congress Coordinator